When Should I Buy New Tires For My Jeep?
Checking the tires on a Jeep is similar to maintaining tires on other vehicles, and it's recommended to check your treads with the tried and true penny test. Insert a penny into the tread. If you see the top of President Lincoln's head, it's time for new tires, but there are a few other aspects that Jeep owners need to consider.
Jeep owners are known for taking their vehicles off-road or onto uneven trails or dirt roads, and tires need to be looked after. Jeep tire wear tips and advice are as follows:
- Extra wear on the outer edges can be a sign of under-inflation
- Greater wear on the center of the tires can be a sign of over-inflation
- Saw-toothed tread wear is an indication of improper wheel alignment
- A sudden loss of traction can be the result of worn tires
- A vibration in the steering wheel can be caused by tires thrown out of balance
If you notice any of these signs on your Jeep tires, it is time to bring them in to the service center at Griffin Jeep in Milwaukee.
How Do I Upgrade My Jeep With Off-Road Tires?
Making the choice to upgrade to off-road tires is an exciting one. The world of rock climbing, trail cruising, and off-road driving are about to be yours, but there are a few aspects to give a second thought before making a purchase that might not work out.
- Keep the tires sized correctly. Off-road tires need to be able to fit your suspension, unless you add a lift kit.
- Be aware of the added weight. Off-road tires are heavier than winter or all-season tires, and the added weight can cause stress on steering and suspension components. Additional upgrades may be necessary to get the most out of your new off-road tires.
- Consider the type of off-road driving you want to do. Different tires have different uses.
- Extreme tires are excellent for mud, sand, and snow, but aren't as useful on normal roads or in less intense driving situations.
- All-terrain tires are a solid blend of on-road and off-road capability, but won't be as useful under extreme conditions.
Does Griffin Jeep in Milwaukee Have Tire Specials?
The auto service team at Griffin Jeep in Milwaukee offers several specials and coupons to help our customers save on necessary auto maintenance and repair, including tires. Our service center stocks all major brands and styles, including all-season, winter, and off-road tires for Jeep owners to upgrade to. In addition to our complete inventory and available special offers, we also offer price match guarantee on any tires. If you find a better price somewhere else, our team will match their price and provide the knowhow that only factory-trained technicians can provide.
Do you still have questions about new tires for your Jeep? Get in touch with an auto service specialist at our dealership in Milwaukee by phone at (888) 466-0877 to learn more about tire prices and availability or have questions answered by an expert.